Will I save money buying direct from MSB?
- No. MSB proudly supports our dealers and prices are the same whether you purchase through our corporate office or one of our dealers.
- We highly recommend going to your local dealer so you can sit down with your sales rep and go over all the different options and styles we offer. Dealers also have building displays set up on their lot for your convenience.
What are the dimensions of my building?
- Building measurements are: Width x Length x Height.
- For example, a building that is 18’x21’x6’ will have a base frame size of 18’x20’x6’. Measurements stated are the dimensions of the roof metal. There is a 6” overhang on each end so the frame is one foot shorter than the roof (lengthwise). The width is measured from the outside to outside of the frame.
What are my options for anchors?
- Rebar Anchors
(approximately 32”) are standard for ground and asphalt foundation.
- Concrete Anchors
(approximately 5”) are standard for concrete foundation.
- Lag Bolts
(approximately 6”) are standard for wood foundation. MSB will anchor your building to your wood foundation. You (the customer) are responsible for anchoring your wood foundation to your ground.
- Concrete, Asphalt, and High Wind Anchors
are premium anchors for concrete, asphalt, and ground foundations, respectively. These are what come with certified buildings. These are installed on certified buildings only.
- Non-Certified Buildings
come with one of the following: rebar, concrete, or lag bolts- dependent upon foundation type.
What size should my cement slab be?
- If you want your building flush with your cement pad, we recommend that you pour your cement exact to your building width and 1’ shorter than your building length. For example, the concrete slab for an 18’x21’ building should be 18’x20’.
What is the widest building I can buy?
- Single span buildings (Carports, Garages and RV Covers) can be up to 40’ wide. 3-bay barns can be up to 64’ wide. 5-bay barns can be up to 88’ wide.
How is "leg height" measured? What is the tallest building I can buy?
- Leg height is measured from the bottom of the base rail to the top of the leg where it connects to the bow. 16’ is the tallest leg height you can purchase.
What is the process after I purchase my building?
- MSB will call you within 1 – 2 business days to verify your order and all the options on your building.
- After we verify your order, our logistics department will work on a scheduling date for you and will call to confirm once a date becomes available.
- Delivery time varies depending on your location and building design, but currently can range between 3-8 weeks from the date of purchase.
Can I make changes after my order has been placed?
It depends. If you have already verified your order with MaxSteel Buildings, then we cannot make changes. Prior to verifying, yes we can change your order. Please contact your local dealer or call our office.
Does my job site need to be level?
- Yes, your job site needs to prepped and ready BEFORE you accept a scheduling date.
- It is very important to make sure that your job site is level to avoid labor charges while the crew is at your job site.
- Please refer to page 3 of your order to review all possible labor charges or call our office if you have any questions.
- You will email pictures for confirmation before scheduling.
Can additions be made after the installation?
- Yes. There is a $500 minimum order (+$100 trip fee) for additional options for existing MSB structures. The minimum order with no trip fee is $975.